Monday, October 03, 2005

When crap don't go your way!

I've noticed in life that things rarely go according to plan. In fact my dad used to say..."Plan your day, and then plan for it to go wrong." I used to think, WOW! That's a real fatalist attitude! However, it's true. I've almost become accustomed to things getting screwed up, that it scares me when things run smoothly. I think it's part of the reason that older adults are so much more prone to bitterness. I have serious baggage with the BooMer generation, and the quote best generation ever. How did they know they were the best...they hadn't seen my generation yet. Not that GenX is full of success stories. I see them more as the "Gimme Gimme" Generations. Don't get me wrong...I respect those of the aged persuasion, but sometimes, cut me some slack...I'm not you, nor will I be. As the song says "I'm sorry, I can't be perfect". So, when crap don't go your way...look crap in the face (gross illustration) and smile. Cause somewhere down the road...you're due!

1 comments:

waiting for aloha said...

enjoyed reading your blog so far :-)

especially like "I've almost become accustomed to things getting screwed up, that it scares me when things run smoothly."