Thursday, December 13, 2007

Insulted by my Wii

Yes... I have a Wii...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's great! I love the family interaction that it can be. I love it because I grew up with Nintendo, and now I get to grow up again with my kids with Nintendo. I love that it has stuff for little kids, and medium kids, and even big kids like me.

One of my new favorite features is calle the "Check Mii Out Channel". It cool because they have contests to create a Mii (avatar) based on a subject, and then people from all over the world vote on it. This strokes my artistic side in a cartoon sort of way, and finds me daily checking to see how my Mii's have done, or if I did well, while voting.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

However, today... the Wii and Me... had a falling out. At least the Check Mii Out Channel on the Wii and Me. I had voted for the first time on a group of Tooth Fairy Avatars. And, I don't like the norm... I like things that stretch the boundaries of norm and make a new norm. So, I voted that way! Well, the Wii didn't like that. In fact here's what it said to me:

"The Miis you selected don't really match up with the winners of the contest, but with a little practice, you'll start to see what other people are looking for."

With a little practice I can see what other people are looking for? WHY I OUGHTA! I don't want to practice seeing the world the way that other people do... in fact... sometimes I feel like other people should just see the world the way that I do, and everything would be just grand!

From a gaming system that has broken all the traditional rules of how gaming should look, act and feel... you would think that they would celebrate individuality a little more.

My wife said that I should see this as a compliment, but... it's not working for me just yet.

SO I SAY... PRACTICE SEEING THE WORLD DIFFERENTLY AND MAYBE ONE DAY YOU TOO WILL BE INSULTED BY YOUR Wii!

0 comments: