Friday, June 12, 2009

Working out...

It's funny that you can use the words working out to mean... "Yeah, I'm working out 3 times a week." and "Yeah, that's just not working out."

Unfortunately in my life I use that phrase this way "Working out, just isn't working out."

Last week my wife and I started the push to be healthy once more. Not that we are extremely UNhealthy, but we want to be in better shape than current shape.

See the whole reason we planned to have our boys at the young age that we did, was so we could be lively and active as they got into their teenage years. Plus, we'd still be young when they were out of the house, potentially young grandparents, and through the whole process we'd be spry and active. That takes a lot more effort than it did when I was a teenager, or even in my lower to mid twenties.

So, we start that effort up again, and my shoulders, biceps, triceps, delts, you name it... are sore. Good sore, but sore none the less. Today was supposed to be a cardio day with basketball this morning, but my comrades have left me hanging, so sometime today I have to go it alone. I will enjoy my 30's, 40's and beyond... I know it's possible as I look at a friend of mine Woody who is 30 years older than me, and could probably kick my butt three ways from Thursday.

Time to get this party started

0 comments: