Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Top 5 moments this Summer...

As summer 2009 draws to a close, I thought I'd take a second to reflect on what went down. Too many times in life I rush from one season of life to the next without any pondering or celebration. These are a few of my favorites:

Spencer (my son) accepts Christ
Yeah, I know this was in May, but it was a bang up way to start the summer. My oldest son putting all the pieces together and realizing a need for God, accepting Him and beginning his own journey.

3 Awesome Road trips
Every Summer we do Road Trips with Blue Ridge instead of a camp. This year we had three amazing trips take place, heading to Charlotte, Myrtle Beach and New York City. We saw students take HUGE steps in their relationship with God, and share really hard things with each other. I had the honor of being with the NY peeps.

151
That's the number of high school students we had just a week ago. People who know me, know that the numbers really don't matter, but WOW! When I saw that... I was blown away. I never got into student ministry thinking that I would ever be a part of a big ministry. I just wanted to be a part of a few students lives and watch them grow up into amazing adults. That creates a space issue, but I'll take that problem any day!

10 Baptism's in August
You'll be hearing about August 30th from me for quite some time. It's an amazing day when 34 people say yes to God and are baptized. It's a fantastically amazing day when 10 of those 34 are high school students. I love seeing life change in high school students.

Spencer's Baptism
August 30th 2009 again! A milestone in my life. What a celebration! With tear filled eyes and a choked throat I knelt next to a glorified cattle trough and baptized my oldest son. What I'll never forget was the emotion he showed. Little tears filling his eyes, and such an outward expression of joy from him to his mother as he came up. MAN! That's better than crack!

0 comments: