Saturday, August 29, 2009

Anticipation...

At Blue Ridge we have baptisms just 4 times a year. Unlike most church ministries though, we make it an all day celebration rather than a funny little footnote on the end of a service.

Tomorrow will be a very special baptism service in my life.

Here's why:

#1 and most importantly of all... my son will be baptized. His choice, none of my pushing and he's pumped! It's been a cool journey watching him grow his own understanding of God, and begin a neat journey of his own. Tomorrow will put an exclamation point on that, and I not only get to see it, but I get to participate. Needless to say I CAN'T WAIT! I know I'll be a crying soppy mess, but it's worth it!

#2 this will be the largest student ministries baptism we've had yet. So far there are circa 30 people getting dunked. Out of those 30, 15 will be in middle school or high school. Out of those 15, 10 are in high school. We're seeing students take authentic steps of faith in all areas of their lives, and they're not doing it blindly or with washed brains. No, they're doing it with big hearts and excitement/love for God.

If you see me tomorrow and I'm floating a little... don't worry about it, it's absolutely normal. The anticipation is KILLIN ME!

0 comments: