Friday, August 07, 2009

If clocks controlled time...

It's late... I'm sitting at my desk... I should be home, but still feel like there is STUFF to do. So, I glance up to see the clock. Yes, I have an analog clock that ticks and tocks on my wall. As I look at my tickety tock machine I see something that I wish were true.

It's stuck!

Along about 5:10 my clock decided that the battery in it didn't have enough juice to move the second hand anymore, and now that poor little second hand is struggling feverishly to make it up and around. Alas, that grapple will be won by gravity, but how I wish what I was seeing were true.

How I wish that clocks controlled time. For my life to be in stasis at 5:10pm for just maybe another hour... that would be more than splendid.

Again though... that grapple is beyond me... Clocks don't control time, and neither do I. Time moves on whether I like it or not, and writing this blog will not help it slow, let alone stop.

So, why am I still writing? I have a beautiful wife and two rapscallion boys awaiting my arrival with bated breath I'm sure. Or at least they'll be happy to see me.

0 comments: